Should Minnesota Do More To Prevent Food Allergy Deaths?

WCCO | CBS Minnesota

BEMIDJI, Minn. (WCCO) — A Minnesota family is suing a restaurant for what they consider a fatal mistake.

Scott Johnson died last summer after eating pancakes at a Bemidji restaurant. He suffered from a severe dairy allergy since birth. The Johnson’s said they were told the restaurant’s gluten-free pancakes were also dairy-free.

The family now wants more to be done to keep other kids with serious allergies safe, and WCCO found many believe the state should do more. As a mother of a son with severe food allergies, Nona Narvaez doesn’t spend much time looking at menus.

“Milk and eggs, beef pork, most of the tree nuts, fish and shell fish, Narvaez said. “It’s impossible. It’s absolutely impossible,” she said.

There are only a few places in the state Max Narvaez can get a meal.  Since he was born, Narvaez has been trying to make Minnesota safer for the estimated 60,000 kids…

View original post 389 more words

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s